Saturday 3 March 2012

Just Getting Started...

So I want somewhere to post photos I've taken. It seems my previous website has disappeared. I want somewhere I can post recent shots that aren't necessarily my favourite images (as well as the ones I like best) so a blog seems to fit the bill. I like taking photos of birds although I can't afford a really decent lens (or, say, lessons in how to take great photos) so good shots are few and far between.  Travel is also a lot of fun and I'll be putting up shots from trips as well.  I use a Nikon D80 and have the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 lens and the Nikkor 80-400 VR. Not exactly top notch stuff but, truthfully, my equipment is definitely not the limiting factor for my photography.

So to start off, here's a favourite.  It's an older shot of a Japanese red-crowned crane taken in Hokkaido, Japan.


I got very lucky with this one.  It was taken at 17 mm.  I think I could have jumped up and grabbed its leg had I wanted to pull down an angry crane.

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment