Sunday 6 May 2012

Duck!


I spent a couple of hours at High Park yesterday morning.  It was pretty quiet.  Yellow-rumped and Palm Warblers, one Blue-grey Gnatcatcher, and this really tame Wood Duck were the highlights.  These ducks are usually pretty timid but they were very obliging yesterday.


They really are very nice-looking birds.  Maybe not quite as striking as this Mandarin (from Japan) but really  nice nonetheless.


The cherry blossoms at High Park have come and gone with only a few pink-ish trees left.  Chipmunks are around in numbers as are joggers, sparrows (White-throated and this Song Sparrow), and Robins.  This particular chipmunk seems to need a cane.

 Song Sparrow:


A real dirtbird:


The female Red-winged Blackbird is one of the more annoying birds.  Every time I see one skulking in a bush, for a brief second I feel this moment of hope that I'm looking at something interesting, and then I realize what I'm seeing .

I don't know (anything) about trees. I don't know what this one is but it does look interesting.


Next week I head to Pelee.  Should be great. Hopefully, I'll come back with some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment